The INMEDEA Simulator
Case-based e-learning for medical education and further training
The INMEDEA Simulator is a web-based e-learning platform for medical education and advanced training. The users examine virtual patients in an interactive graphically designed clinic. In a playful way, they acquire fundamental and expert medical knowledge and learn to make clinical decisions close to reality. Throughout realistically presented case-stories, medical guidelines which can be included in lectures and seminars are communicated. They are also particularly suitable for self-learning at home.
Fact Sheet: INMEDEA Simulator (pdf)
General learning objectives:
- To diagnose and identify clinical disease patterns
- To deepen your knowledge in a problem-oriented and independent way
- To recognize the relevance of certain examinations for certain diseases and to apply them in a reasonable way
- To experience and to test clinical situations in a work environment free of fear and pressure
- To develop an increased awareness for costs and time expenditure
- To gain basic skills in information and communication technologies and to test them in a pleasant environment.
The INMEDEA Simulator can be used in many areas of medical education and advanced training. This can take place at the desk at home, within a workshop, a blended course or a lecture. Due to its multiple possibilities of application, the INMEDEA Simulator is universally applicable. The modular case structure allows the adaptation to diverse user and target groups.